Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My LED Tv started "pulsing"recently. And, about half of the

Customer Question

My LED Tv started "pulsing"recently. And, about half of the horizontal lines look very pronounced and unclear.
I ordered a new "main" board and power board, and installed each of them independently. Neither of them corrected the issue. It happens no matter what channel, tuner, or HDMI input or cable I use. I made a video of the problem, but I'm not sure what else to replace.
Samsung LED UN46D6000
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Am I understanding correctly that you're getting horizontal lines? Are they all the way across the screen? Do they ever move or change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a video of the issue b/c it's hard to explain. It's like the lines are blurry or pixelated while pulsating. Do you have an email I can forward the video to?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You can upload the video here or send a link to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See if this link works.https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ejisei3hpdlo56/IMG_0404.MOV?dl=0
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

There are a few possible causes of that, we'd suspect the main board first, then the tcon, and lastly the panel.

Since you've already replaced the main, the tcon is the most likely issue here. The panel is possible, but since the lines are intermittent I don't expect that is the case, which is good news for you as that is something that cannot be fixed.

You can get a used board here: http://amzn.to/1PEf8wp

Or send yours in for repair here: http://bit.ly/1SwPWf6

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I looked to purchase a new t-con board on shop jimmy, it gives this disclaimer: "IMPORTANT: Horizontal lines on the screen are virtually NEVER caused by a bad T-con board. Horizontal lines indicate a defective LCD panel (screen)."Do you still feel like it is the t-con board?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it does give that disclaimer, which I mentioned as a possibility also. Their info is not very detailed though, because your lines are not solid and fixed (they change shape, move, etc) that is not likely to be the panel (but still possible). Replacing the tcon would be the prudent step at this point. If that still didn't work, then it would indicate the panel however.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need help with this?