Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I get rid of run channel auto scan?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, When you get a Channel Scan message, it means that the TV's Input has changed- and it needs to be changed back.

So using the original TV remote, you would find an Input or TV/Video button and press it to select your Input that you normally receive cable broadcasts from (HDMI 1, 2- since I have no way of knowing how your cable box is connected to your TV).

However, since you haven't posted the model number off of the back of the TV, when this problem occurred, how you receive broadcasts, etc. I can only provide general info.

Reply back with as much detail as you can if you need further info beyond general.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance, please reply back with some details (Model Number off back of TV, Whom your Cable provider is, was the set working before, do you have the original TV remote nearby)?