Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

My ready light has been lighting but in going to the direct

Customer Question

My ready light has been lighting but in going to the direct TV the blue light does not come on. After going to the main power the ready light would go back on. I have done this several time in the past and the blue light would come on. I have now reached a point where the power will not go on. I have disconnected the direct TV box and plugged into the direct power and the TV does not work. I have tried disconnecting the power and turning it back on and this does not work. Any thing else I can do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Ted.

To clarify, is the TV itself not coming on at all? Or the Direct TV box is not functioning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is not functioning. I have by passed the direct TV box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is not coming on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

This points to a capacitor on the powerboard that has been failing but was still at times functioning which is why you had the previous issues, but now has totally failed

to confirm this, can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 2 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please