TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Am trying to get my TV to recognize my wifi

Customer Question
am trying to get my TV to recognize my wifi
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
TV Technician: Viet - TV Tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - TV Tech
Viet - TV Tech, Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact error or message when entering your wi-fi / wireless network on the TV?

Do you know how to check / confirm your Wi-Fi / wireless password?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

1. try again or try another network. 2.have confirmed that passwword is correct. .4 . ATT mointernet/router device am on desktop computer now
ATT internet modem/router device
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you. I do live online support. Can I provide you the instructions here?

Was this same TV working fine with this same modem / router device previously?

Is any other wireless device, such as a laptop or tablet or smartphone, currently working fine with your modem / router?

Have you also tried to disconnect the power cord from the AT&T modem / router device for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit and check?

TV was working fine until I tried to get it to recognize wifi. It is a smart tv that was given to me

Did the TV recognize the wi-fi previously?

Can you please disconnect the power cord from the AT&T modem / router device for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit and check?

I have not pulled the power cord to the modem. I have a cell phone but it is not smart. If I pull the power cord, I will lose this connection.
I contacted ATT and the verified that my password ***** *****

Please keep this web page open. When you re-plug the power cord to the internet modem, we will be reconnected. I've also emailed you (from JustAnswer / Viet.) Please disconnect the modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect, and check. Please let me know. Thank you.

i pulled the cord .

When you pulled the cord from the modem, did the internet stop working on this computer? After reconnecting the cord to the modem, please see if you can connect to Wi-Fi on the TV. Please let me know. Thank you.

I pulled the cord and it still does not work
now what?

When you pulled the cord from the ATT modem, did the internet stop working on the computer?

Was the TV working with Wi-Fi previously or not?

Everything is on a power strip. When I pulled the cord, everything was off. The computer had to restart also.

Sorry, you should have only pulled the power cord from the modem's end.

When you select your network name, does it ask you to enter a password?

welll it is working now
The TV has a picture. Still not connected to the internet

No, I mean, I'm not asking if the TV picture was working or not. I'm asking if the TV was able to connect to Wi-Fi previously or not.

When you select your network name on the TV, does it ask you to enter a password?

it says unable to connect. try another network
I verified the password ***** it is correct accordint to ATT.

Was this TV connecting fine to Wi-Fi with this same ATT modem previously? Or was it with another modem?

Is any other wireless device, such as a laptop or tablet or smartphone, currently working fine with your modem / router? (not a device that is connected straight to the modem with a cable)

Please let me know. Thank you.

my son,s laptop is working.
the TV was working on hdmi
not wifi
, the TV in the basement is working on a wireless box from att
This is not helping.

Sorry, we guarantee our service, so don't worry. So this TV has never worked on Wi-Fi. Does the computer you are using have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

For some TV model, the modem's Wi-Fi setting needs to be adjusted in order make the TV compatible with the modem. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on the modem directly for you? Please let me know. Thank you.

windows 10

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7b68da93-991f-4abb-8e99-8edd49941376

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Thank you for the remote session. Per your conversation, please try with powerline adapters. Please let me know. Thank you.