TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have 52" sanyo and when I turn it on, the light comes on…

Customer Question
I have 52" sanyo and...
I have 52" sanyo and when I turn it on, the green light comes on but screen stays black. Green light blinks at about 30 sec interval's
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/16/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I tried what you suggested , unplug, hold power button down 60 sec. wait 10 mins, plug back in, turn on. After that, same symptoms occur.. Green light comes on, black screen. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted. Likely a capacitor that has failed and stops the TV from drawing the power it needs to start.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at know cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and ff you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you