TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote doesn't work and and I can't find the channel

Customer Question
My remote doesn't work...

My remote doesn't work and and I can't find the channel button channel on the Tv

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The Tv is very old. A full boy flat screen

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?

That's all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/16/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. Who is your tv channel provider?

3. What is on the tv screen right now?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

The # ***** ***** May 2006
Channel provider Telus
The screen is all green

I don't know what " BCB109010125C" is, maybe a serial number. Does not look like any MODEL number that i know of.... Please try again.

Do you have a Telus remote that controls a Telus box?

I have a telus remote

I don't know what " BCB109010125C" is, maybe a serial number. Does not look like any MODEL number that i know of.... Please try to find a MODEL number

model # *****
The telus remote is the one that does not work

Please try this:

-leave the tv On.

-locate the POWER cord for the Telus box and unplug it from the wall outlet.

-count to 5 and plug that power cord back in.

-watch the tv screen as the Telus box boots back up.

Let me know the results.

That still does not allow me to change channels

Is the tv screen still just all green?

Are there any buttons on this Telus box?

Is there a display screen on the Telus box? or channel number on the box?

The screen is on the recording channel since the remote stopped working
No channel buttons just power and menu buttons. Nor screen on the box
You would think that there would be a channel button somewhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the screen is on the recording channel". Is there a VCR involved here?

While you had the power unplugged to the Telus box, did the tv screen change? was it still green?

The TV is high on the room wall so I was unable to see what I was pressing. I place a chair under the TV and noticed what I had been pressing. There are 2 channel buttons but when I press them they take me off the network. The only one that works is 03. The other channels give me no reception.

So you have picture and sound when the tv is on channel 3 ???

It may be normal to just leave the tv on channel 3 all the time, and change channels with the Telus remote.

The TV was left on the channel that saves programs that one wants to reco d throughout the day. When I unplugged and re plugged the channel that I had on when the remote stopped working was this channel
The Telus remote is the one that does not work.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician