TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sharp lc60le835u. I tried bypassing lamp error code…

Customer Question
I have a sharp lc60le835u...
I have a sharp lc60le835u. I tried bypassing lamp error code by pressing vol - abd ch up anthe same time and power the tv. Everything works fine after that. I could not enter the " k" menu..when i unplug the power cable, it all comes back to the flashing short and long white indicator.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/15/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , i`m Jack

I will be with you in a minute

Thanks for waiting

About that white center icon flashing , can you give me the number of long and short flashes ?

By the way it may take a few minutes between replies

Sorry but never mind the automated phone offers , that was from the website , not from me and it would not help one bit right now

1 slow amd 1 fast flash..i reset it and everything works tv works fine until you unplug and plug it again.

you mean you forced the tv on with that procedure ?

With the volume + and channel down procedure all you do is defeat the protect circuit , its not a reset and does not fix anything

How is the screen looking while its on ?

Are there darker areas ?

That code points to a lamp / panel error as I`m sure you are aware

If you want to enter the service menu you press VOL - and INPUT (not chan up) while you press the power button or plug in the power cord.

I have to step out for a bit , take a look at the manual at the link below in the mean time ;

click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The manual is behind that , use the download button once its opened .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mz53awh340l6og/sharp_lc-40_46_52_60le830u_832u_835u_le831u%20%284%29.pdf?dl=0

Hope that the manual will help , especially the troubleshooting table on page 69 and on .

In your opening post you did not have questions just a statement of what you did so far so I figure you already know that this points to a panel problem and on hand troubleshooting is what would be required now.

If you don`t have any questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .

By the way , got some new info on this problem ;

If the only way you can turn the tv on is by the force procedure and the screen displays evenly no dark area then replace your main board