TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sony Grand WEGA 55 LCD-TV KDF-55WF655. Blue in corner of…

Customer Question
Sony Grand WEGA 55...

Sony Grand WEGA 55 LCD-TV KDF-55WF655. Blue Haze in corner of screen and starting to extend across bottom. Also a few random blue pixels

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What more do you requires?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/15/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

What else do you need?

Not really anything as I know what the problem is and was already typing your answer but if you want to confirm that this shows up no matter what is playing on tv then it will be even better ?

always appears

O.k then that confirms it ,the problem you have now I`m afraid is very common for this serie of sony tv and is caused by a defective lcd optical block AKA light engine .

If it has never been repaired for this then its been pretty good .

At some point up to 2012 or so the sony company would offer some compensation for this common problem but this is all gone now and the last time I looked this would cost well over $500 to have it repaired at home .

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for about the same cost ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

Still , if you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Thank you Sir!

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.