TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How can I stop my Haier tv from blacking out?
, I t…

Customer Question
How can I stop...

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I t runs ok for a while then intermittingly blacks for a few seconds but now it's been an hour

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/15/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The TV is blacking out because of a faulty component. There's no settings that prevent or cause a TV to black out. So, it's either caused by a faulty Source (meaning the cable/SAT box, or the HDMI connecting cable) or a failure with the TV's "backlight circuit"- which is what provides the light to the screen.

In order to narrow this down, I need you to grab the original Haier remote and press MENU, WHEN the screen is blacking/blacked out and let me know if the MENU will display on the set when this occurs.

If the MENU does NOT display normally (meaning it blacks out as well), then your TV has a hardware fault that is causing the problem.

If you need further help, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, and also the age of the set, and what sources are connected.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

If you need more specifics, then please reply back with specifics. All I see is you have a Haier TV that blacks out. I know nothing more other than what you tell me, so I've provided general information based on a general question. Let me know if you need further assistance.

The menu comes for 1-2 seconds then goes off.

MENU shows up EVEN WHEN the screen is black? Or MENU comes on then goes black with the screen? ANY more details you can post- such as the AGE and MODEL off the back of the TV will be very helpful if you could provide that info. For all intents and purposes right now it looks like your TV has a hardware failure.