TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm trying to connect my new led proscan tv to my cable and…

Customer Question
I'm trying to connect my...
I'm trying to connect my new led proscan tv to my cable and vcr
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/14/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, Without knowing the details of how exactly you have Cable, and VCR connected to the TV, I can only tell you that your Cable or VCR remote are what are going to change channels here- since you have the Cable fed through the VCR I would imagine? If not, there are many ways Cable/VCR and TV can be connected- so I would need more info from you. 1) How do you receive Cable- is it just a coaxial from the wall....to the VCR....or to the TV? Or do you have a CABLE BOX? If using Cable from a Cable company BOX- then what is the brand and model of the box? 2) What is the MAKE AND MODEL of the VCR- and specifically HOW is it connected to the TV (what color cables and connected into what "Ports"? Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

HI, coaxial cable connected to cable box. Vcr is Panansonic DMR-ES15

When you're using a Cable Box, you need to use the Cable Box remote to change channels. Please let me know exactly where you're running into problems.

It wasn't working before but it is now. Can I still use my tv remote to set up the picture size. the cable remote doesn't do it.

Excellent. The Picture size is generally controlled by the Cable remote ( I have no way of knowing which cable box you have), and would be a button labeled: ZoomAspectP.Size If you do not have this, then reply back and we can proceed.
On the Proscan remote, you can try "Aspect" to change the picture size. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.