TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sony reciever STR DN840. It does not turn on. the…

Customer Question
I have a sony reciever...
I have a sony reciever STR DN840. It does not turn on. the green light flashes loudly on and off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/14/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Robert.

The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Did you need more help with this, Robert?