Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Apple TV all of a sudden not working with Emerson tv, Yes.

Customer Question

Apple TV all of a sudden not working with Emerson tv
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. It says it cannot read the signal from the device, however everything is set to auto
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

1) What is the model number off of the back of your TV?

2) Also, what do you mean by "Auto"?

If there's no signal with the Apple TV on the Emerson, then the first thing you would need to do, is unplug both devices from power- then disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends- making sure it is secure and plug them both back in.

Turn on the TV and select the correct HDMI port you are plugged into (HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 respectively) and see if the Apple TV logo shows up on the screen. If not, then please reply back to the info requested above.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.