TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My name is ***** ***** S. and my issue comes from my Sony…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** S. and my issue comes from my Sony KDL-48W600B. After a year and with no warning, I turned it on and it seemed alright but after 3 or 4

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

***** ***** S again, sorry about my incomplete sentence-- after 3 or 4 seconds the screen hadn't lit up and the clear audio dropped off to nothing and a red light traded for the startup green and flashed constantly 6 pause 6 pause..... Only after it was turned off for some time and turned on again, the audio started up, with the green light and died again, with the screen staying dark. What happened and is it repairable?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/14/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand a 6 blink code on this Sony set indicates a backlight failure in the LCD screen, which means the backlight inverter circuit in the TV needs to be replaced. This type of repair is typically $250 parts and labor in your set, and while it is repairable- a brand new 48" LED TV typically starts at around $350- which will have much better resolution and clarity than this Sony.

I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you still would like to have the set repaired, then you can locate a tech at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

I wish to cancel at the end of my 7 day free trial.
ThankyouJim S

Hi Jim. I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Aric, Technician