TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a Sony 2006 kds/R70xbr2 tv shuts off red light blinks 4…

Customer Question
Have a Sony 2006 kds/R70xbr2...
Have a Sony 2006 kds/R70xbr2 tv shuts off red light blinks 4 times, indicator that fan is bad i replaced big fan and still shuts off, Green at first but then shuts off in seconds and red light blinks 4 times in intervals
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/13/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Brandon,

Check that the replacement fan is spinning ok.

If it is not spinning then test the power getting to it using a voltmeter. If it is not getting any power then you will need to troubleshoot the cause of that problem.

If the fan is getting power and spinning ok then the feedback wire may not be telling the TV that the fan is spinning - check for any loose breaks or connections on that wire.

Reply back and let me know how you get on,

Pete.

It spins just fine until you here a click and the tv just shuts off
Where is the feedback wire and how do I fix that

Sorry for the delay in replying, I just received notification of your reply today.

There should be three wires on the fan - 12V, Ground and Feedback.

Check that third wire for any damage, and check where it connects to the board.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?