TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

, MY NAME IC CHUCK
, I HAVE SONY TV KDL32L504

Customer Question
MY NAME IC CHUCK...

MY NAME IC CHUCK

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I HAVE SONY TV KDL32L504

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?

THE PROBLEM IS LINE FLIKERING ON DISPLAY

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/13/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand a line on the screen is a hardware fault- not something that can be fixed with any settings or adjustments.

Now, this can be caused by the "Source" (cable/SAT box, DVD player, etc.) or within the TV itself.

Grab the original Sony remote and find the HOME/MENU button and press that button. Let me know if the MENU displays over the line, or if the line is over the MENU. If it's over the MENU, then this is a hardware failure within the LCD processing of the TV that requires repairs.

Let me know what you find- line over the MENU, how thick the line is, is it black, or colored, etc.?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

line is behind

Please reply back with some more detail. So the line is behind the TV's MENU, how thick is the line, what color is it?

What SOURCES are connected to the TV?

nothing conected but line is between gray and black color

If nothing is connected then how do you view anything on the TV?

jus go fast up and down
when I press menu I see it
a you there

That line is a hardware failure in the TV that requires component replacement. It can be caused by either the LCD controller (T-con board) or the LCD panel itself having failed. The panel is not-repairable- since it would cost more than a new TV to replace it, however the T-Con board is. Is this something that you're looking to repair yourself?

I need to know if the line is horizontal (side to side) or vertical (up and down)?

If the line is horizontal- then it's not the T-Con- it's a bad LCD panel. Horizontal lines are never caused by a bad T-Con and are a fatal failure in the TV- not repairable, and the set cannot be fixed.

However if the line is vertical, then the part you need to replace is at the link below for your set:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-lj94-02832h-t-con-board.htm

Or if you're not comfortable replacing the T-Con yourself, a shop will charge you around $175 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.