Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Samsung TELEVISION Model LN37A450C1DXZA: I have a

Customer Question

Samsung TELEVISION Model LN37A450C1DXZA: I have a replacement t-con card for the television. After removing the back of the HDTV, the t-con card is under a metal cover at the bottom part of the set. There is one cable connection visible and I unplugged that connector. There are 4 mounting screws that hold the cover over the t-con card. I removed the 4 screws and the cover is loose. However it is held under the edge of a metal support across the bottom of the chassis. I cannot move the cover left or right and cannot pull it straight out. The 2 ribbon connectors to the card are under there so that I cannot release them. Any instructions how to remove the cover so I can release the ribbon cables and install the new t-con card???
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have to undo the metal support at one end - if nothing falls apart as a result and if that can be done at all. And then bend slightly or swivel aside the support.

But that sounds risky and not likely at all to be the right method. Too non-standard sounding with today's well-engineered and put-together devices. No, it would be better to give me a picture of the situation, overall rather than close-in, so I can judge the situation better.

And, having a service manual would help with this. Would you like me to research a source for one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already removed the 6 screws that hold the support bar in place as well as the speakers that cover 2 of the screws. I also had already removed the screws that hold the vertical bars that hold other circuit boards. The t-con board cover is below a solid chassis bar at the bottom that is 'welded?' In place. So I had already disconnected and removed every part and support before I asked my question. Thanks but your answer provided no additional insight or solution
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry if I provided no additional data to what you already had and already tried.

I admit I have no info of my own on this problem at present, so I must either get ideas/data on it, or turn the case over to others.

It sounds highly unusual to have this problem. Is it possible that other boards must be removed first?? I'm just throwing out that thought, but I doubt it's the answer.

Is this the TCON board in question, for your TV?:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/content/images/thumbs/0001089_repair_service_for_samsung_ln37a450c1dxza_ln37a450_timing_controller_t_con_causing_inverse_colors_an_450.jpeg

Let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the correct part. There is nothing to remove but a cover. Can I be referred to someone else that may be able to help me actually solve my problem? Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I asked about the TCON board (pictured on the page the link pointed to) not so much to double-check your choice of part, as to ask whether it was mounted as shown in the picture.

I have Opted Out, following your request... but am still curious about the picture on the page linked to, and whether it matches the mounting of the board you want to remove. In case I might be able to help... my apologies if I cannot.

(My Opting Out and opening the case to others, does not cut off communication between us.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like the same card. It sits on "pegs" in the holes on the left, right and bottom. The only way it stays in place is there is a metal plate on top of it with 4 mounting screws. I put the TV back together for the moment or I'd take a photo if there was a way to send the pic to you. I plan to disassemble the TV again today. It is watchable by turning contrast up all the way and brightness up full
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the same part number 37T03-C01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a couple more "hidden" screws. Removed the remaining vertical supports, disconnected a wire or two and the bottom brace came off. I removed t-con cover, changed out card, reconnected the two ribbon cables and one connector. Reconnected all wires, reassembled all supports and buttoned it up. Works like new.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What splendid news!

I think that was something like the solution I talked about speculatively earlier - getting the brace or bar loose at one end at least.

Please rate my work and my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.