Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a 32" Samsung tv, the factory remote stop working, try

Customer Question

Have a 32" Samsung tv, the factory remote stop working, try replacing batt. & new unvir. remote nothing working. you can work tv by hand fine
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Need help with this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then

At this point it could be that your universal remote cannot operate this tv but it may also be the tv itself that has a defective remote sensor and your original remote is fine .

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera,digital camera , tablet webcam etc. or any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Those remote sensor can be bought for around $20 by the way if it happens to be the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then in that case any local repair shop will test it for you free of charge and if the remote in indeed the culprit then I will give you a link where to get an original and if the sensor is the problem then I will also show you where to get it .

All I need now is the tv`s model number