TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am not able to turn down the volume on my tv to a low

Customer Question
level. Help...
I am not able to turn down the volume on my tv to a low level. Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

Ready
When volume goes below 3, it goes silent

O.k then was about to ask about that .

And at 3 it is too loud ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

3 is too loud. Cable box is connected to the tv

Did this problem happen all of sudden or has always been that way ?

It's always been this way

Some cable box do have their own volume control , have you checked that ?

Right now I cannot find the owners manual for this model but I don`t think this has anything to do with settings .

what's next?

Controlling the input level would be the way to go to correct that or using and external sound device like a sound bar connected to the cable box directly

I take it that its a no there is no volume control on your cable box then ?

Not on the box

If its always been like that then it could be a manufacture defect or they simply were made like that and a similar model would do it as well .

That company went out of business a few years ago by the way

The only solution then could be as I said a small soundbar who would give you a much better sound anyway or simply a set of computer speakers

Ok, thx anyway. Please don't charge my credit card

Not privy to any of that

Thanks , goodbye

TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 2 years ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello how is the cable box connected to the TV and what is the make & model of the cable box please?
​Do you have the original remote for the Cable box?

The bo is connected directly to the tv. It's Cisco 4742hdc prod. It has no remote
TV Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

On your cable box you will have to set the audio to FIXED rather than variable. To do that you will need a remote. The box should have come with one, so I would contact Cox and ask them to provide it.

If that doesn't help, you can also try resetting you cable box on the following page.

http://bitli.es/Hkbd46