TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have sonya 35" hdtv wega that wiil not came on stanby

Customer Question
light blinking...
i have sonya 35" hdtv wega that wiil not came on stanby light blinking
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/12/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

That blinking light means the tv has an electronic failure on one of the circuit boards inside the tv. You could try unplugging the power cord for 3 minutes, sometimes this will reset one time glitches. But if that doesn't help then the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. This is VERY complex and a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you the whole process could end up costing $275-$350, so you really should consider that a new tv might be the smarter way to go.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?