TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need a sound bar LED TV, 46 inch, Toshiba, WiFI. Model No.

Customer Question
I need a sound bar...
I need a sound bar for my LED TV, 46 inch, Toshiba, WiFI. Model No. 46SL417U. I purchased this TV from HHGreeg on Colerain Ave. in Cincinnati, Ohio on 8/14/11. My TV is now hung above my electric full size fireplace. I would also like to purchase a mount to go on the wall with the TV and mount it just below the TV. Can you recommend a sound bar which would fit under the TV.... 42 inches.....a sound bar which would be compatible to my TV and mount that would fit the sound bar. I find my TV extremely hard to hear and my guests agree. Please let me know exactly what I will need to accomplish this sound problem on my TV. I have adjusted everything to the sound for the TV but still cannot hear it !!!!!! Also, I would appreciate the cost of my request and what would be my next step to rectify my sound problem. I can be reach at(###) ###-#### Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Judy Sinatra
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
2/12/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and thank you for your question Judy. I'm a Home Theater Integrator and will be glad to help you.

Your TV uses an "Optical" port to send sound out to external soundbar systems. This is labeled "Optical Audio Out" (or Digital Audio Out). So any soundbar that has the optical input port will work (which most- but the most inexpensive ones use).

I'm not sure what your budget for a soundbar is- but I'm pulling up several recommendations right now.

The Vizio at the link below is a solid entry-level soundbar that includes an Optical Input jack, and is around $180 from Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-3-0-channel-soundbar-with-bluetooth-and-deep-bass-technology-black/3851027.p?id=1219606085778&skuId=3851027

For a bit more money, you can get one that includes a powered subwoofer to increase the bass response, and allow fuller overall sound. The following unit is $250:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-3-1-channel-soundbar-system-with-wireless-subwoofer-black/3857021.p?id=1219606087101&skuId=3857021

If your budget allows, there are two more recommendations for a bit more money. The Sony below is a bit higher quality, also includes a wireless subwoofer speaker and is around $350:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-2-1-channel-soundbar-with-wireless-subwoofer-black/3953253.p?id=1219609308733&skuId=3953253

Finally, if you're an avid listener and want stellar sound quality, I would recommend the Samsung below for $500:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-4-1-channel-soundbar-with-7-wireless-subwoofer-black/3670011.p?id=1219593471195&skuId=3670011

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Aric, Technician