Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 55inch LG LED tv is about 2 years old. It is pixilating

Customer Question

Hi My 55inch LG LED tv is about 2 years old. It is pixilating and freezing up as it would do in a storm, however, there is no bad weather. It is using Direct tv and the other tvs in the house have no problem. I have unplugged and re-plugged and checked all connections. It seems to do this mainly on CNN and Fox News, and MSNBC (all live broadcasts) but not live local news. All are in HD. Any suggestions? The pixilating periods are variable sometimes every 15-20 seconds , then it will be fine for an hour or more.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My 55inch LG LED tv is about 2 years old. It is pixilating and freezing up as it would do in a storm, however, there is no bad weather. It is using Direct tv and the other tvs in the house have no problem. I have unplugged and re-plugged and checked all connections. It seems to do this mainly on CNN and Fox News, and MSNBC (all live broadcasts) but not live local news. All are in HD. Any suggestions? The pixilating periods are variable sometimes every 15-20 seconds , then it will be fine for an hour or more.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/4vm9k-55-led-hdtv-brand-lg-having-problems.html#ixzz3zvJb7Xyl
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you ever have this same issue on any other input (dvd, game, apps, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I don't have anything else connected.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the complete model number of the tv?
As a next step, we really need to test something else besides the satellite. Can you even just temporarily hook a dvd player or other device for testing purposes?