TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a mitsubisihi ws 65857 the picture comes in cloudy

Customer Question
I have a mitsubisihi ws...
I have a mitsubisihi ws 65857 the picture comes in cloudy then go's normal then back to cloudy
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: basically picture starts cloudy then go's normal picture then fades to cloudy again,, will countinue back a forth while watching
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
2/12/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

Sorry but the phone call did not go through even though I tried to accept it .

This phone offer was sent by the website ,not me and in any case I would have a few questions first

When the picture fades away or go cloudy , can you see faint transversal lines on the screen ?

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ready ok you there

Yes , can you see my reply and questions above ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
theres no lines in picture, picture is perfect except gos cloudy then back to normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this started after we moved to az from nh

when this happens , if you open the TV's own menu , does it show clear or is it also affected by this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the tv has beening this way for months due to lack of money
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is also affected

Something you just said here about a move , have you tried a few slaps on the sides of the tv to see if that would affect it ?

I`m thinking about broken connections or solder during the move , one thing these older tv do not like is to be shaken up after those years , the solders get brittle

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
slapping this big a tv does nothing,, all components are well protected, are you formilar with this make
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you diagnose the tv by what I have explained with the make and model and semtems

Sir , I`ve been repairing TV's for over 40 years and believe me that I`ve seen quite a few mitsubishi of this size and I`m not talking about tapping directly on the components either but never mind that , if you`ll give me a few minutes I will give you the best diagnostic you will have for your money then you can decide about repairs

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it acts as if it had a clear bulb like the new TV's that are replaceable, that would be the problem but this tv doesn't have that bulb. all it has is the tree color lamps

O.k then one thing is for sure is that if the menu is also affected then were not talking about external equipment or wiring , this is internal and from you description the video circuit or its supply voltage is affected .

Again this could be about a broken solder joint if I go by the indications you gave me but for a tv of this age it could also very well be that you got a defective component in that circuit , I`m sure that just about every capacitors inside the tv are out of specs by now and troubleshooting this will not be an easy task and certainly not a DIY type of job .

To have a tech. at home working on this could very well cost you $300+ and you will need to find an older tech. like me so that means some shopping around .

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 .
I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one , your money would be better invested in anew one but again that is up to you so if you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

TV Technician: ,  replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician