TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 42" Samsung Model LN-R328w. I tried hooking up a…

Customer Question
I have a 42" Samsung...
I have a 42" Samsung Model LN-R328w. I tried hooking up a antenna to it but I only get a blue screen even after I do the auto search. What am I doing wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

ready

Thanks

Beside the antenna , do you have anything connected to this tv ?

Was is connected to cable or cable box before ?

No. I have a hearing disability We did have direct tv about 3 months ago. and I had it hook up to a outside Ant but since then I got one that goes inside.

You had an outside ant ,not cable hooked up to this tv ?

How long ago was that ?

By the way if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me

about 3 months ago. By the way the indoor ant work just fine on my other tv

Your other tv is a recent model yes ?

You had direct tv hooked to this tv or an antenna hooked up to this tv 3 months ago ?

Reason for asking is that this tv is too old to receive the digital channels OTA (over the air) , all analog channels this tv is capable of receiving are now off the air so your other tv must be younger than 2009

Right now this Samsung can still be used but you will need a digital tv converter like what you can see at the link below ;

http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

This one even records and come with its own remote to change channels .

This will go between the tv and antenna

I have that going to the tv from the ant and plug in
It's the TV is there a reset on this tv or something I can do

O.k then you did not tell me that at the beginning .

Now lets start again ;

Can I have the model number of that device and how it is connected to the tv ?

Why do you do a channel search if the tv is not the one receiving the channels ?

THe tv needs to be set either to channel 3 or 4 or the input where that box is connected

Do you have the TV's original remote ?

No
Model No LN - R 328W

That's the tv`s model number not the number of your converter box

do you have a converter box ???

NO

O.k then when I gave you a link , did you look at it ?

You said " I have that going to the tv from the ant and plug in "

Click on the link here >>> http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6<<

Why does it work on 1 tv and not the other. It like it can't find the channels on this tv but on the other it works just fine. I don't need a converter box.

Your other tv will have a DIGITAL TUNER but not this one

If you don`t have such a box then you cannot receiver anything with an antenna connected directly to this tv , that tv was made before digital OTA and has NO digital tuner

than why did it work before ?

Thats why i`m asking how long ago ???

You said 3 months connected to an antenna or direct tv ?

we drop direct tv 3 months ago and it's was on ant

You gave me the same model number twice for the tv so i will assume that it is correct and i`ve been looking at the specs and manual for the last hour and this tv is not capable of receiving anything digital so if it was receiving something 3 months ago then it must have been a lone analog channel , everything went digital since 2009 officially but some area remained analog up to 2014 and thats pretty much it

3 months ago you were on direct tv not antenna with this tv ,

Well I guess you don't know why I am getting a blank screen and why it not working.. Like I said it work for 3 months just fine and now it's not. Please credit my visa card. Thank You.

I`m sorry but this is not going to work and I will opt out and repost your question

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .

ok