TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Crack screen onmysanyo dp52449 tv is it worth fixing only…

Customer Question
crack screen onmysanyo dp52449 tv...
crack screen onmysanyo dp52449 tv is it worth fixing only used 1 day has been in storage now trying to use but there is a star shape crack on left side mnfg dt 2009 how much will it be to fix
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/4/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Daniel.

Unfortunately, in cases such as this, there isn't much that can be done.

Your actual LCD panel (screen) is compromised because the crack causes damage to the internal layers of the screen.

A compromised LCD panel cannot be fixed. To do so would require replacing the entire screen assembly, which is virtually never feasible, even for a brand new tv, and most certainly not for a 7 year old model from a generic manufacturer.

The cost of a new panel alone is as much or more than a new tv, and you'd spend several hundred more again on labor to strip down the boards and rebuild the set around a new panel. That just doesn't make financial sense when you could buy a brand new tv with a fresh warranty for around $400. This is not something that would be covered by warranty either, as it is considered to be physical trauma/abuse, not an electronics failure.

If you'd like, I can try to help find a new panel or local repair shop though, or recommend replacement models for you.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

i thought when i ask how much would it cost to fix your reply was40.00 so i think i was ripped thanks for the scam dont ever want to deal with you again

That is the amount, Daniel that you had agreed to, you won't be charged more than that and are not required to pay any other monthly or subscription fees.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

you made it sound like i would get charged 5.00 for advice and ended up getting charged 40.00 that would be considered a really bad rating

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding - I'm just the tech here, I don't manage any of the site functions.

Leaving a bad rating hurts me personally and could cost me my job.

The ad you saw should have been quite clear that it is a $5 deposit to post your question, and you are charged the balance of the agreed upon fee (which would have been displayed prior to putting your card in) after you receive a reply from an expert.

I'm sorry if that was not clear, but honestly you're still getting a better value for your money than you would elsewhere. If you had taken the tv in to a repair shop, you'd be paying $125 for the exact same answer, just to have them look at it.

--

Please note: