TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I messed up with the remote and now I am getting the message…

Customer Question
I messed up with...
I messed up with the remote and now I am getting the message "Please run auto channel search". I don't know how
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite/cable box/cable straight from the wall no box/antenna?

Anthony

Cable box, Xfiinity. I created the problem by forgetting and using the Insignia remote.

OK just ignore that message the TV is displaying, that message is for an antenna, so pick up the TV remote (make sure box is ON) and look for the INPUT or SOURCE button or it may be an HDMI button, continually press that button until you get the box through

Let me know if you have problems

Please consider rating the answer positively,there will be a rating bar of stars with this post thanks again, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony

No such button on this remote. There is an input button on the TV but pressing that shows a drop down box that says TV. Also says HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc. but I can't change that.

You have lost the input for the box, the set is currently in antenna mode, so I need to know now where the box lead enters the set what input is it?HDMI or otherwise?

HDMI, and has not changed in over a year. I tried re-booting the box but that didn't help.

You need to get the set into HDMI mode for the box so if you press HDMI (1 or 2 depending on what the box occupies)what happens?

Not sure what you mean when you say you cant change that?you HAVE to change it to get the set in the right mode

Please understand the set is mis-configured its currently stuck in antenna mode that is why you are seeing that message

Please read above 3 posts, if you still are having problems please look on the back of the set for the model number, the number you have sent for the model in not correct thank you I will then investigate

The only number other than the serial number is ***** Yes, the set is locked in TV and nothing that I press will change the input from TV. I'm finished for tonight.

OK let me know when you are ready to continue