TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

KDL-46VL160, this is my TV model. My issue is a blinking red…

Customer Question
KDL-46VL160, this is my TV...
KDL-46VL160, this is my TV model. My issue is a blinking red system light. I can't turn on the TV, please assist
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/3/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Ready
Can you assist?
There?
Is anyone there?
I am going to disconnect and cancel payment if no one responds

Sorry , with you now

In the 10 minutes it took you to reply I got locked on another post but I`m here now

Hi
Do you have solution

You said the light was blinking at the front

Does it blink continuous or does it pause and restart ?

For example 5 blinks/pause/5 blinks and so on ?

It blinks 14 times, stops a second and continue

O.k then let me pull out the service manual and in the mean time try this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Screen came on for a moment and same blink light

Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried

Was hoping this was a false error code that could be cleared with a reset but I`m afraid this is not good and your tv will need serious repair .

This error code points to a problem with the T-con board (LCD driver board ) or the LCD panel itself .

Only way to find out is to open the tv to do some troubleshooting on the t-con before confirming either and this is not exactly what I would call a DIY type of job , this will require a meter .

The t-con for this tv cost some $140 dollars which means that to have this repaired at home would cost easily $300 +

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Thank you

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician