TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm hoping your in Australia.... I have a Sony TV Bravia KDL…

Customer Question
Hi I'm hoping your in...
Hi I'm hoping your in Australia....
I have a Sony TV Bravia KDL - 42W800A and this afternoon it was playing and then stopped and started flashing 8 red lights. We turned the power off and reset it but it wouldn't start so we reset it again for 5 minutes and when it started it worked for 10 seconds, then turned off and started flashing 3 times. We decided to unplug it and go for dinner, 2 hours later, came back and it came on for 30 seconds then died and flashed 8 times. We can't get it to work. Any ideas please?
Thank you
Alex
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/3/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Not is Aus but the same set is sold in the UK and in the US (I am in the UK) do you still want help please?

Anthony

Hi Anthony,
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was kind of worried I'd just signed my life away and would never hear from anyone. Anyway, my TV is working again (thank god) and we think it's because at Alexandra Headlands today (Queensland Sunshine Coast), the temperature is 34 degrees and the humidity is 90%. I think the humidity got to it. We got very technical and grabbed a hairdryer - blew the plugs and connections and it seems to be working.
Thank you for responding though
Have a good day/night
Alex :-)

OK Alex if you have further issues let me know

Anthony