TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I also have a Samsung UN40H 5203 AFXZA that is stuck on Step…

Customer Question
I also have a Samsung...
I also have a Samsung UN40H 5203 AFXZA that is stuck on Step 7 of the setup procedure. Samsung techs spent 85 minutes trying all of the tricks I have now found on the Internet with no results. I'm still stuck on Step 7. He said t o call for a Samsung service man to come to the house. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/3/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

I the set is stuck on the setup procedure then it's 90% certain that you have a corrupt EEPROM on the Mainboard of the TV- and this board needs to be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Aric, I powered off, unplugged power, held thr TVPower switch for 10 secs, plugged in again, and touched power on the remote 3 times. I'm still stuck at Step 7.
I did the whole procedure 3 times.

As indicated above- this is a hardware failure with the Mainboard. How old is the set?

Is this a brand new TV and the first time setup? Or was it working and then stopped?

Also, what exactly happens at Step 7- what do you see on your screen?

One year. I tried to set up last March and got stuck. It' s seasonal house, and I'm just getting back to it.

Screen says:
07 Set up service provider.
Steps 1 thru 6 have been marked with check marks, and 7, 8,&9 are not.
There's previous with arrow left and next with arrow right, but neither arrow (or any key) does anything.

I'm sorry, but I will need to op out of the question at this point. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

I went thru 3 techs with Samsung. I hope someone can help!
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

My name is***** am a different tech previous tech has opted out

Clearly the main-board will need to be replaced now if you want to do that yourself I can help you with it, if the set is under warranty a samsung service agent will replace the main-board the only other way out is if the firmware is not the latest version and you can upgrade however with the set being so young its likely the firmware is upto date, its not fully booting rather like a computer gets stuck sometimes

Let me know please what you think

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony