Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Remote will not control volume or tv itself. When button

Customer Question

Remote will not control volume or tv itself. When button pressed message appears "no media selected. Tv has screen and volume
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

3- Are you using Vizio remote to control volume of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio model:E 400-B2 & E480- B 2
Yes we use to control volume and power tv on/off
Satellite box and DVD player
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to select correct video input in TV to get cable box video signals?

It seems TV has set on USB input mode for some reason and above suggestion should work to select correct video input by pressing Input button a few times to check different video inputs of TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.