TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LAT CHRISTMAS.i RECIEVED A BRAVIA 55iNCH TV. THIS JAST

Customer Question
lAT CHRISTMAS.i RECIEVED A...
lAT CHRISTMAS.i RECIEVED A BRAVIA 55iNCH TV. THIS JAST FRIDAY,THE VOLUME STOPPED WORKING,i DID EVERYTHING I COULD ,BUT THE VOLUME NEVER WORKED. THE TV HAS BEEN WORKING VERY GOOD,BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WENT TO wAL-mART
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/1/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Thanks.

sony serial number kdl=48r708

Thanks for the reply.

Please recheck TV model number as kdl=48r708 seems incorrect.

Also, what video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

sony kdl-48r4708

OK, it seems valid model number.

How do you get channels on TV, through cable box or antenna?

Do you use cable remote to change the channels?

tv has cable box ,and dvd player both attached

OK, I guess you're missing sound of cable channels only and hopefully DVD playback gives sound, is this correct?

If so - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

hanks.

are you still checking this problem

Did you get my previous reply? If not yet, let me post it again..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

The t.v iis working now, Did you fix from there or not. I have not had a reply from you at all.

This is odd, I reply every time when receive your message. This is good to know that TV is working fine now, in case the problem reoccurs, please unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and let cable box reboot that may take several minutes to complete and this will resolve the issue.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

I can not rate this,am not receiving an answer,about reason for problem.Thanx

Let me explain, TV is just fine and your cable box had got internal issue that blocked the sound processor so box wasn't sending audio signals to TV, reset the cable box work to resolve this issue, in case the problem reoccurs, please unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and let cable box reboot that may take several minutes to complete and this will resolve the issue.

I hope this info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Hi, did you get above reply and do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.