TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My husband and I Purchased a 65' SHARP TV FROM Walmart in…

Customer Question
hi, my husband and I...
hi, my husband and I Purchased a 65' SHARP TV FROM Walmart in ST. Croix FALLS, WI. The TV WAS A SHOWROOM FLOOR MODEL. THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE IS, IS THERE ANY SETTING TO CONTROL THE VOLUME OF THE TV? What i mean is with our DIRECTV REMOTE WILL NOT help me. they can't. ok I turn the TY on, I have to turn the TV VOLUME UP, SOMETIMES TO 80 JUST SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM. Thats alittle crazy. is there a setting to calm the volume down?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/1/2016
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 2 years ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. So just to be clear, are you trying to control the volume with your direct TV remote?

My apologies but I am not set up for phone calls at this time.

if steve can'T TALK ON THE PHONE, THEN PLEASE CREDIT MY CC BACK PLEASE. THEN WE CAN JUST TEXT, OOPHS, sorry for the caps
dan to your 1st question, trying to control the volume with the directv remote
HELLO???????

Okay. The first think you will need to do is to pair your Direct TV remote to your TV. Do you have the user manual for the TV?

we got no manual for the tv!! you said pair my DIRECTVremote to my TV. Pair?? huh??

In order for the Direct TV remote to control the volume on the TV, it needs to be paired to that particular model. Can you give me the model number of the TV please?

1 sec
RC72

Thank you. Give me a minute please.

i don"t have all those numbers, just RC72 is on remote. where could i find all those #'S
I know i have the genie

Disregard the numbers. That was created when I copied the image. So you have the Genie for sure?

i do

Okay. Be right back!

Press MENU on the Direct TV remote. It is located in the center of the remote beneath the navigation buttons. A menu will appear on your TV. Select "Settings & Help. Select "Settings" from the menu that appears. Choose "Remote Control". This will open a variety of options for your remote control. Select the "Program Remote" option. The screen will display instructions. Follow these directions to automatically program your device for your TV to work with your Direct TV remote control. Let me know how you come out.

I got this far with the DIRECTV LADY

Okay. What happens when you try to control the volume. Do you see the volume change on the TV?

There is (3) options...it right away says SHARP TV. ok 1) Change Tv 2) Program Audio Device or.... 3) done

When you use the volume up and down button on the remote, does that control the volume on the TV?

sorry i didn't see your note...ok what happens when i try to control volume, yes i can control volume

Okay so then the problem is the volume fluctuates by its self?

If that is the case, go to the option menu of the TV and look for Auto Volume. Turn it off and that will keep the volume at the level you set it at. Let me know please.

finally i got this to work! maybe you're confused on what i want. my DirectV Remote goes up and down and controls the volume, but i just have to hit the volume button till its like at 75, just sitting in my living. why does it have to go that loud?? loud just by NUMBER only??

There is a volume level you need to set in both the TV and Direct TV receiver. For instance, if the volume level is low on the TV and you are only controlling the volume level of the DTV receiver, then you will really need to crank it up to hear anything at a comfortable level. The reverse is true if you are controlling the volume of the TV but the level of the DTV receiver is low. What it boils down to is, whichever volume control you are controlling, go into the other device and turn the volume up to maximum and you should be set.

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Are you saying that the volume is too loud?or to low?and you have to turn it up to 80?

I am not sure exactly what you mean thanks

Anthony