TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV remote cannot stroll channels only pushing channel

Customer Question
numbers can work???...
TV remote cannot stroll channels only pushing channel numbers can work???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/1/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Olevia TV.

Is this TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box or satellite receiver?

Louie,cannot make out the info you need. Again the Olevia LCD 542-512 model #. your opening statement is clear until after please than it's all confusing. the lcd is in analog off of a cable. hope this helps

Appreciate the additional information.

How is the Olevia receiving the TV channels; antenna, direct cable, cable box or satellite ?

Might be some delay on my next post as currently mobile with sluggish Internet.

the model number again is Olevia # ***** that is on the decal on back of unit and the cable is a direct feed[analog] not cable box.

Thanks.

The most likely reason for the described symptom of "...cannot stroll channels only pushing channel numbers can work..." would be no channels are stored in memory. Proposed preliminary try (if have not been done) would be to perform an auto-scan of the available cable TV channels to enable these channels to be programmed into memory.

Direct cable [analog] why is it so hard for you to just plainly communicate your questions in your greeting?.

Please try to do an auto-scan.

Louie, Technician