TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

55 inch lg isn't showing red anymore on regular shows. When…

Customer Question
55 inch lg isn't...

55 inch lg isn't showing red anymore on regular shows. When I put a game or cd in, its ok. Startd happening after I hooked up old playstation 2

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Colors on screen are ok except for red.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/31/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

When you say on regular shows, I assume this means a cable or SAT box is being used. Loss of red only with TV shows means the red component video cable is not connected tight either at the cable box itself or at the TV.

Remove the red blue and green cables on both ends and then reconnect them securely.

Let me know if this restores your color please.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

If you find the red color is still gone on regular programming even after removing and reinserting the cables, then swap out the locations of the red and the green cables closest each other. So that red is in green, and green is in red. Do this on both the cable box and the TV and let me know what happens.