Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I had to replace my DLP Mirror and now my picture is

Customer Question

I had to replace my DLP Mirror and now my picture is blurred. It is centered good color but cannot make out any words or channels
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started with the DLP mirror and than I replaced the color wheel due to the copper ribbon tearing and after that I encountered the blurry screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This is likely caused by smudges somewhere.

The tiniest smudge on the DLP chip or lenses can cause this.

You can clean them with alcohol to remove the smudges.