TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Westinghouse Digital seems to be not working maybe froze,

Customer Question
it's not my cable company. Model...
My Westinghouse Digital seems to be not working maybe froze, it's not my cable company.
Model LD 265DF
6200y4401750
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/31/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions

How do you mean "froze" , is there anything on the tv screen right now ?

Do you have sound ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right now on phone with tech support and trying to fix problem

Cable company tech. support ?

Try this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Not suggesting its going to be a miracle cure but its the first thing to try and it often works

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not at this time let her try and if doesn't work will use you

No problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There looking to see if they have comparable remote for my tv, had my tv 2 years a don't know where mine is because I have Comcast. Right now will be patient and wait to get email. Can't afford to pay for phone call

if you received an automated phone offer from the web site ,never mind that ,it wasn`t from me and we won`t need it for now anyway.

What is this about the remote now ?

What is happening ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't afford phone call if I had my Orignal remote could use that but only have buttons in side of tv. Had my tv 2 yrs and use Comcast remote
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Plugged all back in and still no signal frustrated

O.k the comcast remote doesn`t work any longer ??

Right now you are sending me comments as if we had been talking done some troubleshooting and i have no idea of what is happening you are talking to someone else

Does the tv turn on ?

Do you get a screen with "no signal " ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not anymore she'll send me an email if they locate
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Came home today and turned on my tv like always but go no signal, called Comcast to check it out and there end is ok. Buttons on side of tv don't help
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

On the left hand side of the TV, there are buttons. The 2nd button up from the bottom is the "Input" button. You will use this button to change the TV's Input to get back to your cable programming- provided there is nothing wrong with the cable box. You don't need the original remote for this.

Use that button to change the Input and select each option one at a time, and let me know what each one brings up on your screen.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tuner composit 1 2vga via component

Okay, these are EACH of your TV's Inputs. The cable box plugs into one of those. Do you know which connection on your TV the cable box uses? Look on the back of the TV and it will be labeled where the box connects to it- one of those names you saw on your screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not seeing it and getting frustrated
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Going to try tomorrow been gone all day and all worked when I left came home to this. So Sorry

Here's the thing. That INPUT button accesses ALL of the TV's Inputs- and the cable box is plugged into one of them. If you are NOT getting any cable signal on ANY of those settings, then there's a problem. The problem would be either the cable box itself, the connecting cables have failed or the TV has failed. At this point since you can't tell me where the cable box is connected, I would suggest having the cable company send a tech to your home to help you with this. The cables from the cable box need to be replaced, and also another cable box tried to rule out what is the cause of the problem. If the problem is still there then your TV has failed and that is WHY you have No Signal on the screen. That's nothing we can fix by pressing any buttons or adjusting any settings. The INPUT button is the only one you can use for that. At this stage since you're getting nothing, then you need to find out why- and have a tech come to your home and swap that equipment as outlined above. That s the solution here at this stage.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's connected to cable box

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You're welcome and sorry there's not a quick fix here. The issue is not anything you're doing, it's a fault in one of the pieces of equipment that's causing this. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Aric, Technician