TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sennheiser wireless earphones brings in audio of direct…

Customer Question
My sennheiser wireless earphones...

My sennheiser wireless earphones brings in audio of direct tv channels,but not netflix and amazon. the tv set is LG 6400.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I had to plug the red and white into the direct tv red and white which only delivers regular channel sound because plugging into the tv red and white only produces static. the earphones work fine in our samsung and sony tvs. the only other inlet onthe

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/30/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also , could you please give me the tv`s full model number ?

I didn't finish question description. There is another input onthe tv set an optical audio which i couldn't try because i think it needs a converter. I will get the full model number for you after i send this

No problem and i can tell you that you would not be able to use the optical port for the internal apps anyway , with or without converter

No sound wil come out of the optical port on any tv`s when the built-in apps are used , only the HDMI ARC and analog audio , this has to do with the HDCP protect scheme , it cannot be monitored through optical so it gets cut off

What size is that tv ?

Is it 43 or 49 " for example could that be a 49UF6400 ?

Please don't call . You are correct 49 inch 49UF6400
Also have an LG LA6200 with which the sennheiser headphones do not work.

I`m sorry but i will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name s Aric- different expert here. To use these headphones to get the APP sound from the TV you need an HDMI converter. The apps only output from the HDMI ARC port. That's how LG sets are designed. To do this you need a converter, do you want a link to this part?

The optical out on the TV only works with sources connected to the TV- NOT the built in apps. If you use the HDMI ARC port- then ALL sources will output to the headphones. But since your headphones don't accept HDMI, then we need an HDMI to optical "extractor". I can give you a link to that, as it is your ONLY solution to get sound from the TV's apps, but let me know what type of assistance you are looking for here please.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

need link. Will the converter plug into the LG 's red and white inputs?

No the converter plugs into the HDMI port labeled "ARC" on the TV. ARC is the "Audio Return Channel" and actually sends audio OUT to external devices, as well as HDMI In to the TV.

The converter is at the link below:

https://jet.com/product/detail/7580a254ded3451abc62a77cd819bed6?jcmp=pla:ggl:electronics_a1:electronics_accessories_audio_video_splitters_switches_a1_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&abkId=403-1734&gclid=CjwKEAiA27G1BRCEopST9M39gykSJADQyqAlFnWUQP0A9ZCpm5-HBc3L5bd23nLqX_AMqky3UhGeKhoC0u3w_wcB

Then use the optical from the EXTRACTOR to go to the headphones. Don't use the optical on the TV at all in this case. The extractor will make ALL TV audio run through the headphones.

Aric, Technician