TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My SC-61 amplifier has a UE 22 error code flashing and i get…

Customer Question
my SC-61 amplifier has a...
my SC-61 amplifier has a UE 22 error code flashing and i get no sound. can I fix this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/30/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The "UE22" error on any Pioneer HT receiver, is generated by the DSP processor chip in the receiver, and it's caused by either the software failure on this chip (about 25% of the time), or more often by this chip needing to be re-heated using a heat gun to re-flow the solder on the PCB around it. The reason for this is the chip generates a LOT of heat and the solder joints on the PCB expand and contract causing them to lose contact.

If you have not already, I would suggest trying to update the Firmware of the receiver. The instructions to do so, as well as the update itself, are available at the link below through Pioneer:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/SC-61

If this does not work, or works "intermittently" (meaning you can get some time of playback, but a random occurrence of the UE22 error), then unfortunately it does require the receiver be brought in to BB to have them send it out to Pioneer to fix or replace the SP chip as needed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

it really did not help. you connected me to a link that said..."you cannot update the firmware via the internet". i have to go into Best Buy. which is what I knew. PLUS...i was charged BEFORE i approved your help. which is NOT what the ad said would happen. dissappointed.

I have nothing to do with billing or any other account issues. I gave you all the information I could find to possibly try to help you. There's not always a quick fix here, and I had no way of knowing what you had tried so far. The firmware update is per Pioneer- not something I have any control over. I will opt out and perhaps someone else can assist you.

TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

The update can be done with a USB flash drive. Do you have one of those handy? Let me know and we'll begin.

i lost this thread and just figured out how to find it again. i have a USB drive!
are you able to help?

Hi there again. Glad you were able to find the thread.

If you have a flash drive you can update the receiver using the USB port on the front. In fact, this firmware update cannot be performed via the Internet. It must be performed using a USB memory device!

Here are the instructions. After you have read them, you will see a link to the update file at the bottom.

Unzip the ZIP file and save all the unzipped files on the USB memory device.If there are any old downloaded files or files for other models on the USB memory device, delete them.

Important- DO NOT unplug the power cord during updating.

When updating via a USB memory device, do not disconnect the USB memory device.- If updating via a USB memory device, the setting for Favorite, Account information(SiriusXM/Pandora), BT pairing and Airjam reset to the factory default after the update. Write down these settings before the update as they may need to be set up again.

Update via USB Memory: The receiver checks whether the USB memory device inserted into the USB port on the receiver's front panel contains updatable software. "Accessing" is displayed and the update file is checked. Wait a while.

Check on the screen whether or not an update file was found. If "New version found." is displayed, the update file has been found and the version number and updating time are displayed. If "This is the latest version. There is no need to update." is displayed, no update file has been found.

To update, select OK. The updating screen appears and updating is performed. The power turns off automatically once updating is completed.

Here is the file. Download it and unzip to your flash drive.

Let me know how you get on.

I'll be here.
Steve

i got the files on a USB and plugged it in. nothing. the display keeps flashing UE22.
what's next? did you see that...i got the files on a USB and plugged it in. nothing. the display keeps flashing UE22.