TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

While watching tv the screen went black, but I still had…

Customer Question
While watching tv the screen...
While watching tv the screen went black, but I still had sound. I turned the set off and then back on and could see H1 in the corner with blue, but then it went black again. Is there any hope or is it gone?
e
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/30/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply or Main-Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.