TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a line down the middle of the TV. Can you help us…

Customer Question
We have a line down...
We have a line down the middle of the TV. Can you help us get rid of it
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/30/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. If you change input using the LG tv remote, is the line still there?

3. Is the line black or colored? Is the line thin or thick? Is the rest of the picture on both sides of the line normal?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

We have had the TV for about 5 years
If we change the imput the line is still there
The line is black,thin picture on both sides is normal

Only suggestion as an easy fix is to unplug the tv power cord for a few minutes. But this sure sounds like an internal problem that will require taking the whole back off the tv, checking ribbon cables, and probably ordering replacement circuit board. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (a meter and prior experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also.

Sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?