Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have replaced my 0500 0405 0700 power supply 3 times with

Customer Question

I have replaced my 0500 0405 0700 power supply 3 times with tested recon boards . still only get 5v dc and no 12v dc how do I check for other problem? I do not even get a yellow vizio light in front nothing!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. You're only getting 5 volts because your Mainboard is not producing the turn on command to the power supply. This is a common mistake people make when repairing these sets. 5 volts feeds your Mainboard and your Mainboard produces the turn on command that allows the power supply to engage and power up the set. You need to replace your Mainboard- which is the AV Input board. Your power supplies have all been fine. If you need help locating the Mainboard then pull the part number off of the board in your set, or postback with the model number off of the back of the TV and I can dig deeper to help you.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.