TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I get sound out of my headphone on an XBR-65X810C?

Customer Question
how do I get sound...
how do I get sound out of my headphone jack on an XBR-65X810C?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you plugging into the side headphone jack on the TV? If so, do the TV's speakers MUTE when you plug into this jack?

on the side and the tv speakers are turned off so as to use a 2:1 sound system.

Not sure what you mean by 2:1 system since you mentioned earphones? Can you please elaborate on what exactly you're connecting to the TV?

rather than use the tv speakers, we bought a sound bar and subwoofer and so the manual had us switch of the tv speakers

So where do Bose earphones (what you originally mentioned) fit into this- since now you're saying soundbar/subwoofer?

when someone wants to watch something in the other room, they put on wireless headphones but the new ones we bought didn't work so I tried to just plug in my bose earpieces but still got no sound
in other words, we turn down the sound coming from the bar/subwoofer so it can only be heard thru the speakers
I mean through the headphones

Okay the headphone jack will be muted- since you've shut the TV speakers off. You need to turn the speakers on in the TV menu in order to use the headphone jack. Please try that.

ok, i'll go try...

Okay thanks. Let me know. The headphone jack and the TV's speakers are connected internally, so when the TV speakers are off- the headphone jack will also be off. Turning the speakers on, then plugging into the headphone jack should fix this.

did not work
I noticed that the volume control on the tv now has a little speaker next to it when you turned it all the way down and it used to have a headphone icon when we tried the wireless headphones
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Have you tried to reset the TV?

If not yet, turn on the TV. You can reset the TV to factory settings by pressing HOME, then select Settings > Storage & reset > Factory data reset.
WARNING: The reset will clear all of your customized settings including the [Parental lock] setting, network password *****

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

TV Technician: Nathan,
 replied 2 years ago
Phone call session started