TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Want to hook wifi into our tv

want to hook wifi into our tv
1/28/2016
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Carolyn.

This is an older (2011) and very basic model tv.

It is not a "smart" tv, and as such it has no inherent capabilities to be connected to wifi or the internet.

On its own, it is not able to access apps such as netflix, youtube, etc.

Other than buying a new tv, your best option would be to access that type of content through an external source.

You can spend $30-100 on a roku, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Of these, I'd most highly recommend the amazon fire tv (click for link) which simply hooks up to a hdmi port on your tv, and can then connect to wifi for most any app you'd want to use (netflix, hbo go, etc).

Best regards,

Nathan, Installer
I want to cancel this request
Phone call session started

Thank you for the call, and my apologies for the misunderstanding. I've sent in a request to cancel/refund the call portion of the service for you.

My initial answer is provided above for you in the chat format here, and if you'd like to continue on in chat to get help with setting up the bluray, just reply back to me here.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Installer