TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote stopped working
, Toshiba CT 8037 remote was…

Customer Question
My remote stopped working...

My remote stopped working

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Toshiba CT 8037 remote was watching a movie through Vudu. the screen froze and now my remote won't work at all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/27/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

I'm ready
hello?

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

ok

If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

That did not work. I saw something online about how to check the remote. It said to point the remote at a mobile phone camera and press any button. If the remote did not blink it wasn't working. mine did not blink
Is there something else that I can do to see if my remote is or is not working?

Yes we could test the remote and I will give you the procedure but you mean the tv is still frozen and you cannot operate it even with the buttons on it ?

If the tv doesn`t respond to anything then I don`t think the remote has anything to do with this but for future reference here it is ;

You will need a camera for this , a cell phone camera,digital camera ,tablet or any camera that has a display or screen

here is how to test your remote;
Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.

Did that. Looks like my remote isn't working. If it is an internal issue, what do I do? How could I correct?

Looks like your main board went defective all of sudden .

Can you give me the tv`s model number ?

Not the remote , the tv `s

where do I find the number?
looks like 58L5400U

Thats good and Did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?

Here is a main board for this tv if you wish to look into this yourself ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-58L5400U-Main-Board-431C7G51L11-/131692368241

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Still need help with this ?