TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV mage loud sound like the sound of dropping a plastic tray…

Customer Question
TV mage loud sound like...
TV mage loud sound like the sound of dropping a plastic tray on floor. Then TV went black and power red indicator went to a flashing mode six times, then off, then flashing six times and off. Unplugged unit and couldn't find any info in manual.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/27/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Sorry , the website is acting up , did not mean to post here

Will repost your question

OK

I see that no one came forward so I will help you with this .

Give me a minute to pull out the service manual and I will tell you what this 6 blinks code means

I`m afraid that the 6 blinks code on this model is not very specific but in any cases is not the best of news .

It points to either sustain boards in your tv and their buffer boards , this means that some serious troubleshooting will need to be done and if for example the y-sustain and its 2 buffer /scan drive boards need to be replaced then you would be looking at some $200 in parts and approx. the same to have this done at home by a shop .

If this had been something cut and dry like a defective power board then I would`ve asked you if you were willing to work on this yourself but in this present case I would not recommend a DIY approach and if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 7 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 .
I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.