TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need the correct SD Card to update a P55T551 TACHI TV

Customer Question
Dave I need the correct...
Dave I need the correct SD Card to update a P55T551 HITACHI TV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Im having problems connecting the HDMI cable. The TV does not recognize it. I was told that an upgrade in software which I;ve downloaded to my laptop might solve the issue. however I'm also told that the TV will only recognize an older SD card. I tried using a standard SD card and the TV did not recognize it....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/26/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You'll want to use a 2gb card or smaller, and make sure it is formatted in FAT format. Also make sure you're unzipping (decompressing) the download, and putting the contents of the file (not the direct download) directly to the root directory (not inside a folder) of the card.

Let me know if that helps,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is FAT format and how do I know it's FAT?
- I downloaded the update from HITACHI
- I don't think it is zipped....
- not sure what you mean by not direct download to the card.
I moved the downloaded icon from the desktop of the MacBook Pro to the SD Card....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should I do anything more?
(off to dinner)!

Can you show me the link/source your'e using for the file (download) so I can check it?

You'll need to do this on a PC, you won't be able to do the proper formatting or file types on a mac.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The company Dell PC I have access to does not have a SD card slot.
The website for the HITACHI update is:
www.hitachiserviceusa.com under "PLAZMA TV"
So my MacBook cannot compete this task? Is that the problem?
thanks

You can try it, but I don't think you'll be able to accomplish this on the mac.

The download is a .zip file, which has to be uncompressed, and the underlying G03 file is what you have to put on the SD card.

If needed, you can get a card reader/writer here: http://amzn.to/1WNegZ4

Nathan, Installer