Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung tv model un50eh5300f sound but no picture

Customer Question

i have a samsung tv model un50eh5300f sound but no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does screen glow/ show back light or any graphics such as volume or menu appears?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back light comes on. and i have repalced these boards .... t-con, main, and power what else could it be ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, does backlight stay On as long as TV is On?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the back is off and i dont know what else to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the back light comes on and stays on without me even turning it on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm working on it, please hold your replies.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please make sure the main board jack is connected to power board securely and tight.

Did you get identical main board, t-con board and power board having same part numbers as of old ones?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is bit odd issue in TV, since backlight stays On that means power board is fine so when you turn On the TV, does Samsung logo screen appear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no nothing. the only thing that happens is when i touch the power joystick back and forth it makes a sound. thats it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way that you can text me i have to go to another appointment?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, since backlight stays On that means t-con board might not be getting video data from main board because of defective/ misaligned/ broken LVDS cable. Have you checked the LVDS cable is plugged securely and tight on both boards?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

We can continue it later in your convenient time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all cables are good
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you try another LVDS cable, if possible/ available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what cable is that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Check following supplier link to get replacement LVDS cable..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-22239w-lvds-cable.htm

and if problem persist then I'm afraid it would be display panel failure because all have been replaced in TV and last thing is the screen which is suspected, replacement of display panel would cost approx new TV price of same size if still available with Samsung Prats in area. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i already knew that ? do i still have to pay 28.00 ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Contact customer service at following link/ number for refund as I have no control over billing and do not rate the answer, leave it as it is.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks.