TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung 64" Plasma Vertical Lines Model #: PN64F5500AFXZA A

Customer Question
Samsung 64" Plasma Vertical Lines Model...
Samsung 64" Plasma Vertical Lines
Model #: PN64F5500AFXZA
A few days ago my Samsung TV started displaying a single pixel width vertical line that would only be visible when the TV is displaying anything bright. The color of the line is dark, almost like its black. Yesterday that same vertical line started displaying red/green pixels whenever the TV was on, regardless of whatever content was being displayed.
After taking the rear panel off and removing the ribbon cable on the Y Axis board where the affected pixels are and plugging it back in, the red/green pixel has gone away and returned back to the dark single pixel line only visible during bright content.
Any ideas what the issue may be?
Picture 1: (Dark Lines)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7K3qq2SzDWxWWxiblRoOUpuLTA
Picture 2: (Red/Green Lines)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7K3qq2SzDWxamZueDNwMmtnTms
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/26/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Kyle,

Check the display cable connections inside the TV - if they have come slightly loose then it can cause this problem.

If the cables are securely fitted, then the main digital processing board has a fault and will need to be replaced.

A TV tech will charge around $300 for this type of repair.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will open it up again this evening after work and check back with you. Thank you Pete

Ok, let me know how you get on!

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked all the cables on the main board and they were securely fit. I unplugged them all and reset them and the problem still persists. The red & green pixels within the same line has returned as well. I just want to be sure that this is still a processing board problem and not a problem with the panel before I put more money into this TV.(Red/Green Pixel Video Sample)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7K3qq2SzDWxTzFMOXBVdWVfbjg(Board Shot- Wide)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7K3qq2SzDWxS3RiZGtFZVdPNUE(Board Shot- Product #'s)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7K3qq2SzDWxTjQ5SC1NZDN2eHMWhere would you recommend trying to find this part?Kyle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found a replacement on eBay and the problem still persists. Would this be a panel issue that is causing this?
Pete, Electronic Engineer