TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Im having the 6 blinking issue with my sony tv

Customer Question
hello, im having the 6...
hello, im having the 6 blinking issue with my sony tv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/26/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The 6 blink code translates directly to "Backlight failure" and is generally caused by the power supply, or the inverter boards that light up the CFFL tubes in the screen (the lamps).

In order to narrow down which component has caused this, you would need to use a multi-meter and measure the 24 vdc output on the power supply to determine if that has failed. If not then the inverter boards are the cause and need to be replaced.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, a tech will generally charge $250 parts and labor for this type of repair, and given the price of replacement sets- I would suggest putting that same money towards replacement versus repairs.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.