TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What should my Toshiba TV settings be new blu ray? I'm

Customer Question
What should my Toshiba TV...
What should my Toshiba TV settings be for a new blu ray? I'm following the blu ray directions but get a black screen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/25/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you ever see the dvd startup screen?
What is the model of the tv, and of the bluray?

TV is wall mounted have no idea beyond Toshiba Blu Ray is samsung
I do not see the Blu Ray start up

I really need the complete model number to be able to give you any specifics.

Looking for the paperwork

Thanks.

Do you by chance have another tv that you could test the bluray player on also?

Blu Ray player does work on another tv. Model name is 65L7300
My son in law thinks he inadvertently set something in error on the tv. The Blu Ray was working now it's not
TV model name is 65L7300

Thank you for the information, Nancy.

Are any other sources/inputs working on the toshiba? Such as cable/satellite, etc?

Cable tv

Is there a cable BOX, connected via HDMI?

Okay, lets try a quick test - can you take the hdmi cord currently plugged into the cable box (leave the tv end), unplug that from the back of the box, and plug it into the bluray instead, tuning the tv to the hdmi input used for the cable normally, and let me know if they bluray works there.

Its now showing the setup menu for the new Blu Ray, network type is wired but it says no network cable detected

Okay so we are further than before. You may have had a bad hdmi cable before.

You have a hardwired ethernet connection?

it's hard wired

Disconnect and reconnect the lan cable, and it should reestablish the connection.

There is no Lan connection on the cable box

I did not say anything about the cable box. I am referring to the ethernet connection to the bluray player.

I changed the setting to Wireless and was able to set up the Blu ray. Now has the menu showing. Should I plug the hmdi back into the cable box

Well what I would do at this point is try the other hdmi cable (the one you previously tried with the bluray) to the cable box, and see if cable works there (on hdmi2, etc).

If cable doesn't work, then you had a bad hdmi cable and it has to be replaced.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,