TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sanyo dp46841 powers up seconds then hear snap sound no

Customer Question
Sanyo dp46841 powers up for...
Sanyo dp46841 powers up for ten seconds then hear snap sound no power
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/25/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is it more of a click, or a snap? Does this happen every time you try?
Is the light on the front solid or flashing?

Snap
Power up normal lights up then after ten seconds snap sound lose light will not power up until cooled off
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Never mind do it online

So it does eventually power on normally? Or it just continues this cycle?

Continues cycle thermal issue

Have you done any actual testing on it yet? Is that your intent? Or are you more looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate?

Replace main or power supply what test to do to confirm

Hearing a snap sounds like a power supply issue with a relay trying to engage but not able to complete.

You'd need to test the voltage outputs on the power supply board while trying to power on, to see if they match the indicated specs. If any are low/missing, replace the power board, if they are present, you'd replace the main board next.

Going to bed now will test tomorrow should I disconnect main board before testing psb

You can leave it connected to start because the main has to trigger the PS to try to start up. You don't necessarily have to see continuous voltages as long as it is outputting the indicated specs as it attempts to boot

Iv tried that it doesn't stay powered up long enough to test everything

And it won't, but you can watch for a momentary spike to check each and work your way through.

well im back testing power voltage done checked leads on one side all good having trouble getting values on ps side got to modify probes smaller

No problem, take your time.

unsoldered audio chip on main board these allowed me to test ps board all voltages where good ordered and installed repair kit for main no help powers on picture comes on for about ten seconds green light goes off in about two mins try to restart it will not after extended period you can power up and get same cold start result

Thanks for the update. I'll need to opt out at this point. Do not reply or rate at this stage, and another expert will get in touch with you, and be able to see our prior conversation to continue on with you.

Louie, Technician